2 Chainz is a rapper who came into limelight when he was a part of the hip hop duo “Playaz Circle.” After a slow beginning, Chainz went on to release his own albums and singles establishing himself as a rapper in the American pop industry. During his entire journey, he has worked with many more rappers including Kendrick Lamar, Drake and Nicki Minaj to name a few.
His net worth as of May 2020 is $ 6 million.
2 Chainz’s birth name is Tauheed Epps and he was born on 12th October 1976 in College Park, Georgia. During his childhood, Chainz was very much interested in Basketball. He initially attended North Clayton High School and then earned a scholarship to attend Alabama State University. His basketball career continued throughout his high school days. He later developed interest in hip hop and formed “Playaz Circle” with his friend. Later, after many years, 2 Chainz decided to establish himself as a solo rapper and compose his own raps and albums.
2 Chainz was always inclined towards hip hop and hence started his career by collaborating with one of his friends during his high school days. Soon the duo met rapper Ludacris and started performing with him. After looking at the humongous response of the fans during the shows, the trio decided to launch their first album in 2007. The album was named “Supply & Demand” and it went on to break all records. It also secured number 27 on the Billboard 200 when 26,000 copies of the album were sold within the first week. It was a huge success for a debut album.
In 2012, 2 Chainz released his debut studio album which was very well greeted by both fans and critics. The abum again went on to register itself on Billboard Hot 100 at 46th spot and the album recorded 1.4 million units sold. Then 2 Chainz got an opportunity to share the screen with stars like Drake, Kanye West and Lil Wayne who made a guest appearance in the video of his song “Based on a T.R.U.story.” As usual the album went on to register record sales and also grabbed the No.1 spot on the US Billboard 200. His upcoming albums like B.O.A.T.S II and Hibachi for Lunch also were well appreciated by the fans. Throughout his career, 2 Chainz had words with A listed rappers, singers and musicians.
2 Chainz songs
Here is a list of all 2 Chainz songs in a chronological order :
- T.R.U. REALigion (Album, 2011)
- Based on a T.R.U. Story (Album, 2012)
- No Lie (Song, 2012)
- Mercy (Song, 2012)
- B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time (Album, 2013)
- We Own It (Song, 2013)
- Different World (Album, 2013)
- T.R.U. Jack City (Album, 2015)
- Hibachi for Lunch (Album, 2016)
- Pretty Girls Like Trap Music (Album, 2017)
- Good Drank (Music Video, 2017)
- Proud (Song, 2018)
Awards and Achievements
Throughout his starry career, 2 Chainz have won 2 awards. He won a MTV Video Music Award for the best Hip Hop Video back in 2016. He then went on win the prestigious Grammy Award for his rap in 2017.
What is 2 Chainz’s net worth?
2 Chainz has been in the music industry for over a decade now and has worked with all great rappers, singers and producers. With all his hard and good work, he has carved a niche for himself. Apart from this,he has also earned a considerable amount of net worth. As till date, 2 Chainz Net Worth is approximately $ 6 million.
Best Quotes from 2 Chainz
- “I don’t care what anybody else is wearing. I feel like they’re all waiting to see what I have on. If you really want to know the truth, that’s what I think. They’re waiting to see what I’m doing next.” – 2 Chainz
- “I’m from the southside of Atlanta, College Park, and we all really care about our dress code and our apparel and our attire, so I think it’s just something that started when I was growing up. Just trying to be me and up to date and being an individual at the same time.” – 2 Chainz
- “The independent route was the best move for me. But I think I’ve maximized everything I could do independently. I’ve done everything out of the mixtape market. I think getting the big machine behind you is the next stage when you’ve maximized the independent level.” – 2 Chainz
- “T.R.U. University, I pull it up and murk a beat. Mama’s house was filled up with bags of Hercules. Soon as I finished pissin’, I put the seat down. Or my mama is cussin’ my damn ass out the Only child, no siblings, no besties. I couldn’t do anything right like a lefty.” – 2 Chainz
- “Ah, Yeezy Yeezy how you do it huh? It’s my birthday, I deserve to be greedy huh? She holding out, she ain’t givin’ to the needy huh? You go downstairs and fall asleep with the T.V. on Y’all been together ten years, you deserve a ménage ‘Specially if you put that BMW in her garage.” – 2 Chainz
- “I encourage everyone to pay attention to the issues that matter to you, from jobs and the economy to education and our schools, to criminal justice reform. Whatever it is that you care about, make sure you use your voice.” – 2 Chainz